Karin Bauer, Life Coach
Karin has had horses ever since she can remember. They are her passion and have taken her on a journey to herself. Karin has experienced her own personal development through horses, and she is a firm believer that horses can feel and change your emotions.
Although Karin herself is an avid rider, she says that being on a Horse Journey is not always about riding or training. Karin has certainly learned a tremendous amount about horses but it is the personal wisdom and confidence gained through being with horses that keep her most intrigued. This includes her observations in seeing her students and clients thrive with horses. There is no denying that horses are therapeutic, and they can be your therapy and your gateway to personal development. Karin loves the smiles they bring to clients’ faces!
Karin believes in Natural Horsemanship principles and uses these when working and playing with horses. She has been on that track from when she got her first horse in Germany as a young girl. Karin’s thirst for knowledge led her to learn more about horses and humans throughout her whole life. She is very passionate about sharing this soul connection with everyone who is open to it.
In Karin’s counselling/life coaching practice, she compassionately helps clients with all kinds of life issues and personal struggles. Link and Rollie are her partners and have been wonderful teachers and role models. They tune in pretty quickly and will come forward to help when they see a need.
Link and Rollie will allow you to experience clarity, unconditional love, healthy boundaries, or whatever challenge you need help with. If you desire to heal emotionally, gain confidence, explore leadership and self-esteem, you will find Equine Facilitated Personal Development very effective.
Link and Rollie are two very special horses. They are both gentle souls who enjoy people and are eager to present their healing skills.
About Karin Bauer, BSW, RSW
Counsellor/Life Coach, Equine Instructor and Facilitator
- Currently give Equine Facilitated Personal Development sessions to private clients, youth and adults at my Horse Journey Facility (new clients welcome!)
- Currently “train owners and their horses” by helping their owners gain new skills in emotional agility, creating new relationships with themselves and their horses, through Groundwork and Riding lessons (new clients welcome!)
Credentials and Courses Taken:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, University of Victoria, 1997 (over 25 years experience in human service, plus Early Childhood Education certificate 1989)
- Registered Social Worker
- Graduate of 2 year Master Coach course, Life and Business Coaching, Colorado, Coach U, 2003 (Private Coaching Practice for 12 years)
- “Introduction to the Waterhole Rituals – Carolyn Resnick Method”, 2 day course led by Ears Forward Sharolyn Wandzura, Chilliwack, B.C., Sep 2012
- “Coaching Skills through Horse Wisdom”, 3-day Intensive Coach Training Program, led by Lisa Murrell and Kathleen Barry Ingram, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Feb 2012
- “Way of the Horse” Equine Assisted Therapy, 2 day course led by Deborah Marshall, Nanaimo, B.C., Oct 2011
- “Intro to Equine Assisted Counselling”, 4 day course led by Sue McIntosh, Cremona, Alberta, Jun 2011
- Training with CanTRA, therapeutic riding instructor, Mar 2012 and Sep 2011
- Worked at Arion Therapeutic Farm, Kelowna, B.C. as a Riding instructor, Counsellor, Horse trainer and Volunteer for 2 years (taught riding skills to children with Autism, Downs Syndrome, numerous mental/behaviour issues, as well provided Equine Facilitated Counselling for youth and adults with emotional challenges)
- Attended EAGALA Conference in Franklin, Tennessee, March 2013
- First Aid Refresher course, (for humans) Oct 2011
- First Aid course (for horses) 2008
- Carry current Insurance as an Instructor/Facilitator of Equine Related Activities
- Member of www.bccollegeofsocialworkers.ca/ and Registered Social Worker
- Member of NAEFW (National Association of Equine Facilitated Wellness), http://www.equinefacilitatedwellness.org/aboutEN
- Member of EAGALA https://www.eagala.org/
- Member of B.C. Horse Council http://www.hcbc.ca/
- Completed Equine Canada Level 1 & 2, led by instructor Sandy Day, Kelowna, May 2011
- Completed Riding Instructor & Horsemanship Level 1, led by instructor Jody Sloper, English/Dressage/Jumping/Horsemanship, Kelowna, 1985
- Studied and practiced Parelli Natural Horsemanship Level 1, 2 and 3 courses
- Attended Buck Brannaman clinic, Montana, Aug 2011 and numerous other clinics and lessons, such as Groundwork (Jonathan Field), Riding (Marion Weisskopf), TEAM (Robyn Hood), Centered Riding (Mandy Pretty), Training with Courage (Paul Dufresne)
- Grew up in Germany and took Dressage lessons, however my own teaching and riding style is much gentler and intuitive. I believe in the spiritual connection with horses more so than just riding or doing things ”correctly”.
- Attended The Mane Event horse expo for several years, in Chilliwack and Red Deer
- Showed horses at various shows in the past. Won first prizes in the Gaited Horse Show, Armstrong, Jun 2010
- Published author of articles in horse magazines, “Saddle Up” and “Walking Horse News”
- Author of HorseJourney.com blog, Creator of GuidanceCards.com, Artist of InspiritArt.com, Owner of GuidanceCoach.com
- Passionate Artist and Photographer
- Over 35 years of experience owning, training, riding, boarding, breeding, showing and simply enjoying the company of horses and other horse enthusiasts!
Karin Bauer is currently offering various programs for adults and youth at her private facility in S.E.Kelowna. The facility consists of a tranquil setting amongst nature and mountain views, nestled next to an apple orchard. A 45-foot round pen, a small outdoor riding arena, and a cozy Journey House have been set up to create an inviting and comfortable atmosphere. This is a place for healing, learning, creating, and relaxing; a get-away from the hectic city pace and yet it’s only a 10 minute drive from Orchard Park Mall.
Please inquire about programs and rates:
Horse Journey in Kelowna, B.C., Canada
Email: karin @ horsejourney.com
Phone: 250-860-1964 or text Karin’s cell phone 250-864-1964
Please spread the word! ”Like” the Horse Journey blog on FACEBOOK. Thanks!