Self-Help Articles by Karin Bauer
For Your Personal Development, Learning and Healing
Horse Show Bliss! (great read for riders!)
Feeling down about Your own or Your Horse’s Skill Level? (great read for riders!)
Interested in learning more about the field of Equine Facilitated Coaching and Therapy? I recommend these books for further study.
- The Tao of Equus by Linda Kohanov
- Way of the Horse by Linda Kohanov
- Riding between the Worlds by Linda Kohanov
- One with the Herd by Liz Mitten
- Whole Heart, Whole Horse - Building Trust between Horse and Rider by Mark Rashid
- Horses Never Lie - The Heart of Passive Leadership by Mark Rashid
- Soul of a Horse by Joe Camp
- Zen Mind, Zen Horse - The Science and Spirituality of Working with Horses by Allan J. Hamilton, M.D.
- Naked Liberty - Memoirs of My Childhood. Guided by Passion, Educated by Wild Horses by Carolyn Resnick
- More than a Mirror: Horses, Humans & Therapeutic Practices - by Shannon Knapp. With a forward by Linda Parelli.
- Horse Sense and the Human Heart: What horses can teach us about trust, bonding, creativity and spirituality. By Adele von Ruest McCormick, Ph.D. and Marlena Deborah McCormick, Ph.D.
- Dressage in the Fourth Dimension - by Sherry Ackerman, PhD
- Horse as Teacher - The Path to Relationship by ten various authors
- H.E.A.R.T.- a visual tour through Horsemanship from the Heart... by Christa Miremadi and Kristina Belkina
- The Eighty Dollar Champion - SNOWMAN, The Horse That Inspired a Nation
- It's not about the Horse: It's about overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt by Wyatt Webb
- Five Steps for Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt by Wyatt Webb
Memberships and Organizations
I've enjoyed membership with the following organizations in the past. They foster the field of Equine Facilitated Wellness and Therapy and can be great for support and further education.
- National Association for Equine Facilitated Wellness www.equinefacilitatedwellness.org
Mission Statement: Fostering knowledge, growth, ongoing education, accountability and support for people working in a respectful partnership with equines in healing and learning environments.
- Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
Mission Statement: Provides education, standards, innovation, and support to professionals providing services in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning around the world.
- Horse Council B.C
Mission Statement: Horse council BC is one of the most successful multi-breed, multi-discipline provincial equine organizations in Canada. We represent the equine community in BC by collaborating with individuals, businesses and industry professionals to strengthen communication, education, and safety.
Marketing & Business Help
Need a great website for your business? The web designer for my beautiful website is http://workingwebsites.ca/
In my spare time I enjoy camping with my horses. Here are some places we like to camp and trail ride in British Columbia with our horses! Visit the websites and enjoy learning about some great places and the wonderful hosts who run these campsites.
www.hiddenvalleyhorsecamp.com Located in near Merritt, B.C. in the Thompson Nicola Valley
www.skilarchhills.ca Located near Salmon Arm, B.C. this is a wonderful trail riding area in the summer and a cross country ski hill in the winter. They have horse corrals all set up and ready to use all summer.
www.facebook.com/horsecampingandtrailriding This is a Facebook page I started for horse campers and trail riders to share and exchange info on great trails and camps.
www.remudahorseranch.com Located near Chase, B.C., this is a great place to stay and ride from. The hosts are wonderful, the trails are varied and fun.